Thursday 15 December 2011

JASSO Scholarship!

Whooop so I found out today that I have been awarded the JASSO Scholarship between January and March next year! It's such a relief, what with the ridiculous price of everything around here!

I'll receive 80,000 yen each month, automatically deposited into my Japanese bank account (Mitsubishi UFJ), so over the three months I'll be given around £2,000! I'm going to have to work hard and get good grades this year though, as it's a scholarship, not simply a grant! But of course, I was going to work hard and get good grades anyway ;)

Now that I have the money to do so, I'm hoping to travel outside of Tokyo during the Easter break in March and April. I'd love to go down to Osaka and Kyoto; that sort of region. It would be lovely to see some of the Leeds people during the year! And Kyoto in particular looks amazing; it oozes with traditional culture.

Happy days!

James

2 comments:

  1. Hey James! How are you?
    I´ll to to Japan this year and i got the JASSO scholarship too. I just want you to ask, if you had to pay the flight to Japan by yourself.. I just can´t find any information about that.
    Thanks :)

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Janina!
      I'm very good thanks, back in the UK and enjoying it!
      As far as I know, you'll have to pay for the flights yourself, unless you get a specific grant towards that. If you're going as a year abroad from your university, either they or your government might be able to help you with the cost (but this will be based on your parents' income). What are you doing in Japan and where?

      James

      Delete