Monday 19 December 2011

A Busy Day of Pre-Flight Preparation

What a busy day it's been!

After having morning classes, I took the train to Tachikawa Station, before hopping on a bus to the Immigration Bureau to get my re-entry permit. I was going to write a step-by-step guide to acquiring the re-entry permit for anyone else who needs to go for one, but I really can't top Miles Davies' blog post which helped me no end when I was planning my trip. One thing I will add is that the Sunkus konbini right by the 多摩車検場前 bus stop sells the special stamp you need in order to get re-entry permit. Oh, and Miles said he had a two hour wait before being dealt with, but my wait was only about five minutes! I didn't even have time to complete my form before I was called up to the desk!

I was with Ashley, an Australian girl in my class (well, she was in my class last term), who went to get her work permit from the same bureau, but she only found out when she got there that she needed to have her passport with her in order to get it! Oops....

After sorting out my re-entry permit stuff, I got the bus back to Tachikawa Station, from which I went straight to Kichijoji Station and bought my ticket for the Limousine Bus, which will take me to Narita Airport from Kichijoji at 6:30am on Wednesday!

I got back home at about 5pm, and then had lots of work to do for uni! As I'm missing the last two days of classes, I'm getting all my deadlines sorted and ready to hand in tomorrow. After doing my work, I put some of the clothes I'm taking back in the wash, and started packing my main suitcase. It's now 3/4 full of other clothes I washed yesterday, and Christmas presents for everyone! 


Two more sleeps! Looking so so SO forward to coming home :)

James

No comments:

Post a Comment