Tuesday 6 September 2011

Placement Test Result

I'm in level 3!  

That's a big relief, because Leeds uni expects us to be in that level at the start of the year, so that we progress enough to deal with Leeds' end of year exam here (yes, we still have to take the Leeds exam in Japan!), and then the workload next year back in the UK.  Because my Japanese has become a bit rusty over the summer, I was worried that I'd end up in level 2, and not be good enough next year!  But as it turns out, I need not worry any more!

The Japanese language course here consists of levels 1-6 and you can take one unit of standard Japanese per term, plus another module or two, or intensive Japanese, where you just take the Japanese course but have more contact hours.  For example, if you started the year with no knowledge of Japanese, you could do the intensive course and cover levels 1-2 in the autumn term, 3-4 in the spring term and then 5-6 in the summer term.  I plan to do level 3 this term, plus another module, level 4 next term with another module, and then take intensive Japanese levels 5 and 6 in the summer term.  

Now I just need to decide which other module to take!  I think I'll do one tought in English this term, then next term, when my Japanese is better, take one tought in Japanese.  
But yes, I'm relieved!  Tomorrow I officially register for my classes, and then they start on Thursday; excited!

James

No comments:

Post a Comment