Friday 26 August 2011

Tomorrow I Leave For Japan

Yes, it's come.  It's been a few years in the making, but the time has finally come.  Early tomorrow morning, my parents and Ayu will take me to Manchester Airport to meet Ash, and then the two of us will fly on to Tokyo.

My bag is (nearly!) packed, the goodbyes have been said, I've been out for a last drink at The Junction with Mum, Dad and Ayu.  All that is left to do now is have The Last Supper.  I requested a full roast, with chicken, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, stuffing, cabbage and gravy.  As usual, Mum has delivered and I can smell it now; it smells delicious.

It's been a strange day.  I've felt a mixture of excitement, nerves, and sadness.  Ayu came over at about 9 this morning, and we've been out to shop for some last bits and bobs, had my passport photos taken, as required by ICU, put some money in my account, had my hair cut, packed most of my bag, and printed off some photos of us to take.  

After dinner we'll hopefully have a relaxing evening after such a hectic day, as well as pack the last few things into my suitcase.  

This will be my last post in England, so the next time you hear from me on here will be from Tokyo!  I look forward to seeing some of you in Japan, but most of you next year...have a good one!  I'll be on Facebook (most of the time, as ever) so I look forward to being able to keep in touch with the people who are important to me!

For now, goodbye; speak to you from Tokyo!
James


1 comment: