Sunday 7 August 2011

My Visa has Arrived!

My visa has arrived!  It came yesterday morning via special delivery, and as I slept blissfully unaware, mum was chasing the postman down the street to try and stop him from walking away with my passport after nobody heard the door go.  The dog ran away too, but that’s irrelevant.

One strange thing about my visa is that it says it’s valid for 15 months, from 3rd August 2011, until 3rd August 2012.  I don’t know about you, but I see that as being 12 months, not 15.  Perhaps someone could fill me in on what I’m missing there?

Anyhow the important fact is that I can now enter Japan!  I have my ticket, I have my visa, so I could go now if I wanted to!  Although obviously I have plenty of stuff I still need to do here first!  Eeks I go in less than 3 weeks!  I need to finish my Takase scholarship application (which Morimoto-sensei has translated for me), buy a new suitcase, and pack everything!  Plus there lots of little things I still need to get, but that’s a bit boring to talk about.

Talking of suitcases though, does anyone know whereabouts I can get decent quality ones around Leeds?  I need a nice, big one, but it needs to be as light as possible as I only have a 23kg baggage allowance with Etihad.  I had a look around Otley and Guiseley yesterday, but the bags all felt a bit flimsy, and I need a sturdy one!

I think that’s all to talk about for today!  From tomorrow I’m going to be doing a lot more Japanese revision!  At ICU there’s a placement test at the start of September, and your performance in that dictates which level of Japanese you go into.  Apparently Leeds students generally go into level 3, and I’d be happy with that!  There are 6 levels, and if I don’t do well enough it’s possible that I’d go into level 1 and learn Japanese from scratch again!  But obviously that’s very unlikely indeed!

James

No comments:

Post a Comment