Monday 1 August 2011

Bye Bye, Rhythm & Booze


I have now finished my 18 months with Rhythm & Booze!  Working in an off-licence (or wine shop, depending on who I’m talking to) certainly had its ups and downs, but I’m actually missing it already!  I was quite upset when I got home this evening!

The people I worked with were great, and I got on really well with them all.  I suppose I will miss working there, or at least miss the regular income anyway!  Speaking of which, I’m getting quite concerned about money matters whilst I’m in Japan, but I’ll write another post soon about that whole deal (and the DS thing I promised in my last post!). 

I’ll also miss the staff discount!  The shop was pretty cheap anyway, for example 3 500-600ml bottles of lager cost £5.50.  But my discount meant I could have them for £4.95; always good to keep it under a fiver!  I won’t miss the rude customers, however.  Obviously the majority were fine, but there always had to be the select few to ruin your evening, you know?  Although at least I’ve developed a thick skin after working there!  Every cloud and all that.

I know this is only a short post, but there’s not really a great deal to talk about!  Now I’ve finished working there, it definitely feels like I’m a step closer to going to Japan.  Putting all my affairs in order and what have you. 

I guess I won’t be seeing this view for a while!


Okay folkies, time for me to pop off!  Not doing a great deal tomorrow, just writing an essay to try and get a scholarship for studying in Japan, and then seeing Ayu!  Then on Tuesday I’m travelling down to London to apply for my Japanese visa!  I’ll definitely be writing a blog post on that, so look out for it on Tuesday or Wednesday :)

Oh, and happy August everyone :)

James

No comments:

Post a Comment