Tuesday 25 October 2011

Job Interview!

It says it all in the title really; having sent off my CV attached to an email, on Thursday I have a job interview!  The job I've applied for is an 'international babysitter'.  It consists of babysitting (obviously) the children of international (English-speaking) residents of Tokyo on a part-time basis.  The parents will want English only to be spoken to their kids, so if I get the job I won't have to engage in any awkward baby-Japanese conversations, which is a plus I suppose.

The pay is 1,750 yen (about £15) per hour for one child, with 50% extra for every child on top of that, and each shift is a minimum of 3 hours (if they want less than that they still have to pay you for 3 hours), and your transport is paid for, too.  You're not obliged to do any jobs, just the ones you choose to do, in quantities you choose, so it's nice and flexible.

I'm going to the company's head office in Yokohama, the city to the south of Tokyo on Thursday afternoon for the interview, when I'll find out some more information and whether or not I've got the job!  I shall certainly be updating this blog with a post on Thursday evening after I find out :) excited!! I could really use the money...better get setting up a Japanese bank account!

James

Picture of the Day
Because cheese is lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment