Friday 28 October 2011

I Got The Job! :D

Yessss so after a horribly long commute down to Yokohama (during which time my iPod's headphones packed in, grrr), I had a two-hour long interview with the head of the Babysitter company in a café near the station.  

For the first part of the interview, he went over my résumé with me, clarifying bits of it and asking me further questions, after which he explained exactly what the job entails, before giving me a test to see if I was suitable, which I passed!  

I could be starting as soon as Monday; it all depends on when the different clients need a babysitter.  He did say however that there is less demand in the western-Tokyo area, where I'm living, but that there are still a fair few jobs available along my train line (the Chuo-line).  Moreover, a couple of families have specifically requested British babysitters, so I'm not complaining!

The company is looking for more people to apply, as lots of their staff are leaving Japan, having reached the end of their visas and the like, so if you're in Tokyo or Yokohama and fancy this sort of work, have a look at their website here, or message me if you want any more information before applying.

Oh, and there are no classes on Monday, so I now have a four day weekend! Whooop!

James

Picture of the Day

Spotted outside a love hotel in Shibuya

1 comment: